Ashampoo HDD Control software for monitoring the status of your hard drive. This involves the hard drive for you. To prevent potential failures and accidents before they happen. The software supports hard drives IDE and serial ATA. Ashampoo HDD Control provides the user with all the important facts and information about the drive, including registration number, the version of the BIOS (firmware), cache size, number of sections, which are divided into hard, disk space and current temperature.
If you are not near your computer, the program can be configured to notify you of the alert by email. The final report also provides information on health and performance of the hard disk, shown in percentages. Over time, a growing number of unwanted and unneeded files accumulate on your hard drive, and Ashampoo HDD Control is a useful tool to help you locate those and delete these files. If available space is not enough, the program can defragment your hard, with much better standard Windows-defragmenter.
Features of Ashampoo HDD Control
· Constant monitoring of your hard drive(s) (also for multi-user systems)
· Extended user interface with extensive hints and information on health, performance and temperature of the hard drive(s)
· Significantly extended support for external USB hard drives and solid state drives (SSDs)
· Support of S.M.A.R.T self-test (if supported by the hard drive)
· Adjustment of the noise level and power management of your hard drive(s) (if supported by the hard drive)
· Data recovery – recovering deleted files and folders
· Fully automatic, “proactive” defragmentation of the hard drive(s)
· Online retrieval of achieved benchmark results of your hard drive model(s)