Are you an Indonesian academic (lecturer, researcher or student) undergraduate (S1), postgraduate (S2) or doctoral (S3) who is passionate about the dynamic of Internet as a new media in Indonesia? If so, then it is you who we expect to apply as Indonesian Google Policy Fellow hosted by ICT Watch.
Indonesian Google Policy Fellowshipoffers an opportunity for academic in Indonesia to apply for fellow and doing research about Internet policy in Indonesia with freedom of expression and civic participatory as the main context. One selected candidate will conduct in full-time activities as a fellow at ICT Watch, with total duration of 10 (ten) weeks for 2 (two) terms.
Sponsored by Google, the policy fellow will be awarded a stipend of approx. IDR (Rp) 68 million (US$ 7,500).
Potential topics may be researched (but are certainly not limited to):
- Freedom of Expression: Protecting freedom of expression from censorship, and championing the right of individuals to communicate, publish and obtain information based on net neutrality, online public participatory as well as citizen journalism.
- Human Rights: Working to promote democratic values, pluralism, accessibility and human rights in the national online medium.
- Internet Safety: Supporting in all activities pertaining to the Internet Sehatprogram such as online privacy and security, cyber bullying, cyber crime, etc
- Open Government: Promoting the public’s right to know about information collected, disseminated and maintained by the government in order to increase accountability, transparency and public awareness.
- ICT for Women & SME: Developing, promoting and supporting program and content to improve ICT skill for women and small-medium enterprise, so the can empower themselves
- Drafting, creating and updating: website/online FAQs, white papers and any relevant content through some possible mediums / channels / resources for such issues above.
We are accepting applications for the position before May 15, 2012 only via emailgoogle.fellowship[at]ictwatch.com. All subject email must use format: “your latest education (S1/S2/S3) – name of the city you live in – topic of research“. Example: “S1 – Sumbawa – Internet Safety”
Please to include the following documents (all must be written in English):
- Research Proposal (PDF only, max 2 pages): contains background about the case, the problem to be studied, the design of process / activities to be taken, outputs and outcomes to be gained from these studies as well as the target of dissemination / distribution of the research result (hardcopy/softcopy and/or online/offline)
- Curriculum Vitae (PDF only, max 2 pages)
- Copy/scanned of the formal education certificate(s) start from undergraduate to the latest one (max total 250KB)
- Proof of Experiences, such as:
- Short description about academic, professional, research and/or extracurricular experiences (PDF only, max 2 pages)
- Reference letters from 2-3 prominent and competent persons (PDF only, max 1 pages for each reference)
- Statement Letter of the availability for full-time and 10 (ten) weeks activity at ICT Watch during the fellowship period (PDF only, max 1 pages). Please check “information dates” bellow for preparing your schedule
- Copy/scanned of up to 3 the latest article(s) published at academic journal and / or at national printed media (newspaper or magazine), if any (max total 250KB).
- April 20, 2012: Announcement of Indonesian Google Policy Fellowship Program will begin via web, Facebook, Twitter and mailing-list.
- May 15, 2012: Fellowship application deadline, applications must be received by midnight GMT +7 (WIB). After that, the experts panel formed by ICT Watch will be shortlisting and inviting the best candidates to be interviewed by the panel.
- June 15, 2012: Fellow applicants are notified of the final status of their applications via this webpage only!
- July (Week I) 2012 – August (Week II) 2012: Term 1, fellow start his / her fellowship activities for 6 (six) weeks with ICT Watch at Jakarta. Start and end date to be determined by fellow and ICT Watch.
- August (Week III) 2012 – January (Week II) 2013: Break session, fellow may conduct his / her origin daily activities including to return to the domicile of origin. Alternatively, fellow can used this moment to conduct in-depth research (field study, literature study, etc.) remotely. This session is also for mid-term evaluation by the panel.
- January (Week III) 2013 – August (Week II) 2013: Term 2, fellow continue his / her activities for the next 4 (four) weeks with ICT Watch at Jakarta. Start and end date to be determined by fellow and ICT Watch.
- August (Week IV) 2013: Fellow submit draft of final research report and the panel will evaluate it and give some necessary suggestions.
- September 2013: Final research report will be delivered by fellow to ICT Watch
- October 2013: Fellowship program report will be delivered by ICT Watch to Google
Google memberi kesempatan kepada para mahasiswa (sarjana, master atau doktor), peneliti dan akademisi untuk melakukan penelitian seputar internet di Indonesia. Tema dari penelitian ini adalah kebebasan berekspresi dan partisipasi masyarakat.
Jika Anda tertarik dengan isu tersebut, maka cobalah melamar di program Indonesian Google Policy Fellowship yang diselenggarakan oleh Indonesian ICT Partnership Association (ICT Watch).
Mereka yang terpilih akan dibekali uang saku penelitian sebesar Rp 68 juta (7500 dollar AS).
Topik yang akan diteliti seputar kebebasan, hak asasi manusia (HAM), keamanan internet, transparansi pemerintah, ICT untuk perempuan dan usaha kecil menengah. Namun, penelitian ini tidak terbatas pada topik-topik yang telah disebutkan. Peserta bisa mengajukan topik lain selagi relevan dengan tema yang diusung.
Jika nanti terpilih, peserta akan mengikuti kegiatan penuh waktu di ICT Watch selama 10 minggu yang dibagi dalam 2 periode.
Proposal penelitian dikirim melalui email ke alamat: email@example.com sebelum 15 Mei 2012. Semua aplikasi yang diajukan ditulis dalam bahasa Inggris.